Monday 27 July 2015

The secret wedding project!

A few weeks ago, my mum got married!

I wanted to give her and my step-dad-to-be, a gift that no one else would. A gift that money could not buy.

My step-dad proposed to my mum in March 2014, on a ski holiday to Serre Chevalier. Shorty after it happened, I came up with this crazy idea. An idea that I thought would never become a reality.

A music video. A video where all their family and friends would sing along to a song, dressing up, being silly, generally having fun, to a cheesy song about love. After all, who doesn't love a bit of karaoke, right!?

I wanted this to be a surprise for their wedding day, and I spent countless hours trying to work out how I could make it happen without them finding out.

After a mass email was sent to all of their friends and family, I knew there was no going back! Thrilled by some of the responses I got for it, I knew that I was doing the right thing! As you can also see, people were starting to chuck their ideas in as well, which was great!


It was now a thing. A thing that I had to be fully committed to!

I began travelling around to people's houses, armed with my camera and a bag full of props, and started to get the ball rolling. 

This was a year long project. After taking five months out of filming to enjoy life in the Swiss Alps, I was still working on this, right up until 2 days before the wedding.

The editing was tricky. Trying to get everyone in time to the music, without it looking out of sync, it took a lot of precision. But the whole process was fun.

The best part was, no one let it slip what i was up to, not even on a night out after a few cocktails!!

The wedding day came, the video was, by this point, now in the hands of the best man, and still, they had no idea!

I was so overwhelmed by the response from my parents, and everyone else: those who were involved and had no idea what I was really going to do with their crazy footage, and those who didn't know what I was up to. Secretly, really proud of it!

After a few upload issues to the internet, due to copyright, and the risk of me getting into trouble, this is the best way that I can share it, finally! It's a little while coming, but I got round to it eventually.

To everyone who has already seen it, here it is for you to watch again. For those who are in it, here you can see you embarrass yourself, again. And for those of you who haven't seen it, enjoy it!

Click here for the Wedding Video!! :)

Hopefully, this can also give other people ideas if they want to do something similar! I loved making it, and I'm so glad everyone loved watching it! Feel free to share it too...you never know who might have the same crazy ideas as me, and who don't think their ideas are realistic.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment