Tuesday 21 July 2015

My new little obsession!

I have to admit, I've never used Burt's Bees products before. I knew of the brand but had never been and purchased any thing from them. It wasn't until I was working on my winter season, when I met someone who loved their products, that I started taking a bit more of an interest.

I've always stuck to products that I know work for me, which is not many as my skin is so difficult to work with, and also quite sensitive, meaning more expensive things are a no go area as I don't want to spend money on something that is no good. I've spent so much money on cleansers, and moisturisers, and all sorts of other beauty products and cosmetics that I have tried and then given up on because they make my skin worse, or they don't do anything at all.

After the suggestion of trying Burt's Bees, I bought a couple of things. The brand is not really that expensive, but it is a bit more than what I would normally spend on things. Thankfully, it is living up to it's expectations.

I have technically only bought 3 things from them: a foot cream, a hand cream, and lip balm. Foot and hand creams are some of the things I have difficulty finding something that works for me. I am on my feet all day at work, and my hands dry out so much as I have to wear rubber gloves all day (joys of being a dental nurse!) so getting something that I am satisfied with without damaging my bank balance too much, is tricky. Also, I'm very prone to eczema, which is the most annoying thing! i've had it my whole life, and it can still be hard to manage. My hands and feet are unfortunately where it seems to crop up most.

I purchased the 'Coconut Foot Cream' and the 'Almond & Milk Hand Cream', and both have made me notice a positive difference! The foot cream is not greasy, which means I can put it on, leave it to soak in for a short amount of time, and then carry on with my day, without worrying that carpet/sock fluff is going to stick to me (gross!!!). I did find the hand cream a little bit greasy, certainly more so than my usual Soap & Glory 'Hand Food', which I LOVE, but it has worked really well for me! My hands are definitely softer and I will definitely continue to use it, although not as an every hour thing when I'm at work!

But this is not where my obsession lies. It's the lip balms that have really got me. I have spent far too much money on these little things, but I love them so much! I now have 7, so a different flavour for every day of the week, no? I've never had an obsession with a beauty product before, but I think I have one now!



The variety of flavours makes it so much better, because they actually taste and smell good when you apply them, and it lingers as well, making me love them even more! And what's better, it's all 100% natural ingredients!

I have different favourites for different reasons. The original peppermint one not only smells great, but it tingles your lips, which is a really nice sensation! Some of them I am yet to try as I have only just bought them, but if they go down at the rate the others are because I'm using them so much, then Burt has done a blooming good job and making good lip balms!

There aren't many more flavours to get before I have the whole collection, so come pay day, that is going to be my first purchase!

Right, I need to stop before I become a crazy lip balm lady, is that a thing, and is it too late?!





(P.S. Who ever I be kissing....my lips are more kissable than ever!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment