Saturday 11 July 2015

C is for....

....CRAFTS!

When looking around for decorations to go in my room, I decided I wanted one of those cool letters with the lights in, but I didn't want to pay the prices for one. Also, I don't need any more fairy lights in my room, so I ended up deciding against getting one.

Until I walked past Hobbycraft and saw through the window a display of wooden letters and numbers, and an array of paints, sprays, and paper to decorate them....why not make one myself? Firstly, no more fairy lights, I certainly have enough! Secondly, it's couldn't be hard to make one, and it's a fun thing to so on a Saturday afternoon.

I picked up the following items:
                         - Wooden letter 'C' - £3
                         - Copper coloured spray paint - £3 . 99
                         - Stick on gems - £1 . 50

I spent less than a tenner on the materials, and it took a very short amount of time to make. The sunshine helped the paint to dry within seconds of spraying it on.

Spray the paint on, let it dry, stick the gems on, done!

So that's it, and now it is sitting pretty on my shelf (surrounded by fairy lights of course!).


1 comment: