Sunday 17 July 2016

Boots Botanics Eye Make Up Remover Review.

As most people probably know, I am a massive lover of a dark eye. Everyday without fail, the black eyeliner is applied to my face, and everyday, I battle to remove it.

I stopped using make up wipes a while ago, as I found that they would burn my eyes after I had taken my make up off. I have quite sensitive skin, and find they are quite harsh on my eyes. I now only occasionally use them if I'm going away somewhere, or on the rest of my face. I started using Boots essentials Cucumber eye make up remover gel (I included this in a previous post about my daily regime), but using this takes it's time to remove all of my make up completely, I end up just moving my make up further across my face, and still have black smudges once I have literally scrubbed at my eyes with the cotton pad.

I was in Boots the other day and stumbled across a new product, one which I hadn't seen before, mainly because I'd never looked for it. It is the Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover. Admittedly I picked it up because it was half price, so now only £1.99. On the bottle, it claims to "sweep away impurities and make up, dissolving waterproof formulations with ease". Anything that makes removing my make up easy, I am down for.

The product uses "dual layer technology", an aqueous phase and an oil phase. The oil phase is the remover, and the aqueous phase is a soother, which calms they eye are after removing make up.

That evening when it came to taking the products off my eyes, I tried this Botaincs one. I applied some to my cotton wool pad, and swept it across my eye lid. I was amazed by how well and how quickly it worked! My smoky eye shadow, water proof eyeliner, and 3 layers of mascara came off so quickly. No need for scrubbing, or pulling at my eyelids to get to my water lines, which I would normally do. I found that my eyes did not feel dry or sensitive afterwards, which makes a massive change to how they usually feel. It does leave an oily feel around your eyes afterwards, but this is the soothing moisturising part of it. My eye area felt so soft afterwards and when I woke up in the morning.

I was blown away by this product! It made me so happy that it was so easy. So today, I went back and bought 3 more bottles while it is on offer!

To compare, I have used both products, one on each eye, to show you the difference between the two.


Verdict: it's best eye make up remover I've ever tried! I paid half price for it, but even at full price at £4, it is value for money! I love it!

Hopefully this post might help some others of you who also go through the daily struggle of removing dark eye make up! Let me know what you think.

Love and hugs xo

1 comment:

  1. Amazing.
    Blog: www.glaringwaves.blogspot.ba
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/glaringwaves

    ReplyDelete