Sunday 19 June 2016

I'm feeling 22!

So, yesterday was my birthday, and I turned 22! I have been waiting a long time to be able to use Taylor Swift's song, (cliche for 22nd birthdays, I know) but I couldn't resist!


My parents treated me to a weekend away in London. Parking the car at Westfield Stratford, with a quick trip to Victoria's Secret started the day off just nicely.


Our first stop was for a surprise lunch. I was taken to Jamie Oliver's 'Fifteen' restaurant which was really lovely. I'm not a massive foodie, so don't tend to take pictures of what I eat (unless it's cake), but I do like to take pictures of the surroundings. 







In the evening, we had booked tickets to Coldplay at Wembley Stadium. I've seen them before, but as soon as I found out they were doing a gig on my actual birthday, it was a definite that we were to go again. The Stadium was full of colour, classic Coldplay songs, and absolute magic! I had such an amazing night!


A night in a hotel and Sunday was to come. I had pre-booked us tickets to go up The Shard, as it is something my parents wanted to do as well. It was a glorious day in London town, and having the morning to kill before we had our booked slot, we decided to head to the Southbank and have a go on the London Eye, something I have always wanted to do!




We certainly scaled the heights of London today! Thank goodness it was really good weather, because it was wonderful.








A couple of weeks ago, on the higher level of The Shard, Kew Gardens installed a mini garden, so the the ground was covered in (fake) grass, and all around the edges were pretty flowers, so I had to take a few pictures of those too!





A wonderful weekend was had, and I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday! Now, let's see what the next year brings me! :)

Much love xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment