Sunday 22 June 2014

The start of my new blog.

Recently, I have used this blog page to keep people vaguely updated on my London to Brighton bike ride challenge. I found that this was a really good way of writing down what I want to say in more than just 140 Twitter characters or annoying people on Facebook with a lengthy and dull status. The fact that it was just a link that people could click if they were interested in what I had to say made it more appealing to say exactly what I wanted without a limit or worrying that I would annoy people who were scrolling through their timelines.

So this is the start of my new blog. A blog all about me and what I have to say.

The other day was my 20th birthday. I'm no longer a teenager and I finally feel like a proper adult. I feel a bit more grown up. This also made me think that over the last 20 years of my life, I've not to talked to people in the way I'd like to.

A few weeks ago, I was having dinner with one of my closest friends - someone I have known for a little over half my life. It occurred to me in this moment, a moment in which I was feeling low and was struggling with a simple, everyday task, that my friend wasn't really aware of my issues. I also realised that nor was I to her issues. I had never explained how I felt and she had never seen me in a state like that.

I have issues opening up to people. Instead, I bottle my feelings up and cause myself to become overwhelmed with too many emotions. I keep myself to myself, which is absolutely fine, and I'm glad I'm not the kind of person who blurts out exactly what I'm thinking, but I think I keep myself to myself a bit too much. 

Of course, this isn't just a page for my issues, I don't want it to be therapy. I just want to write about the kind of things I do. If I can't open up to people face to face, then I can open up to myself by writing it down and then let other people read it.

I want to give myself a focus and hopefully learn to open up a bit more.

So this is me. I'm Charlotte. I'm 20. I'm a normal person.

No comments:

Post a Comment